The average weather in Cyprus in May is between 24 and 27 degrees and with a flight time of just over 4 hours, it’s the perfect Half Term destination. It is great for travelling with kids as its warm but not too hot.
Aphrodite Hills Resort is a 5 star luxury resort perfect for families – there really is something for everyone. Set on a mythological hill with panoramic views overlooking the Mediterranean sea and the birthplace of Aphrodite.
We recently took on Aphrodite Hills Holiday Residences and Villa’s which in our opinion are perfect for your next family holiday. With a range of accommodation options available including apartments and villa’s you will be able to enjoy the 5 star resort from your ‘home away from home’. Some have private pools (which can all be fenced if required and can be heated at an additional cost) and things for kids like slides / toys etc too. Cots and High Chairs are provided free of charge and there is a large list of other baby/toddler equipment available to hire (pushchairs, car seats, walkers, sterilisers etc).
Kids aged 3 – 12 get access to the kids club on the resort, which has an indoor play area, a shaded outdoor play area and a splash pool with slides. All guests get a 5 hours kids club pass, irrespective of property. Additional hours can be purchased from 5 euros an hour. There is also a creche for babies from 6-24 months which is chargeable at 8 euros an hour.
Activities for the whole family:
* Tennis Academy: 9 courts offering coaching and for hire, a pro shop, shaded tennis court ideal for kids and tennis bar
* Retreat Spa: offering spa treatments (including mother and child packages) and a gym facility with an outdoor infinity pool and juice bar.
* Golf: PGA National Cyprus Golf course with views of the Mediterranean – if you’re staying in one of the residences you get discounted rates.
* Golf Academy: catering for golfers of all abilities.
* Mini Golf: located at the Village Square offering fun for all ages
* Dream Team Soccer School: UK Based professional soccer and sports coaching organisation offering training for both boys and girls of all abilities.
* Horse Riding: individual horse riding lessons and guided rides for both the riding enthusiasts or newbies. Pony rides are a firm favourite for their younger guests.
*Bonamare Beach Club: one free beach day pass per person which includes transfers, towels, sunbeds and parasols.
*Outdoor sanded playground for the little ones at the Village Square.
Having your own villa means you don’t have to eat out for every meal. Basic food parcels are provided (which include as the name suggests, the basics) but you can upgrade if you wish to include more items. I personally love having the flexibility of my own kitchen (especially with kids) but having the option of eating out if I don’t feel like cooking.
The Village Square has many dining options:
* A family friendly outdoor restaurant offering Sovlaki and a selection of Doner Kebabs.
* A pub with indoor and outdoor seating with a huge selection on their menu, from family favourites like chicken tenders to Mexican options, Salads, Steaks, Chicken Wings just to name a few.
* A Traditional Greek Cypriot Tavern which serves authentic island cuisine. Why not enjoy one of their themed evenings with live music?
* Italian restaurant offering homemade Italian favourites.
* An Indian restaurant serving innovative food in a stylish and elegant setting
* The Golf Clubhouse offers authentic Cypriot food as well as international dishes to both golfers and visitors
* The Beer Garden is outdoors and serves a selection of international beers and soft drinks accompanied by some tasty nibbles – closed in winter.
All Aphrodite Hills Holiday Residences have fully equipped kitchens with appliances, crockery, glassware and utensils and all living rooms feature a TV and DVD player. Each property also has a washing machine – which is great when travelling with kids – we often do all of our holiday washing on the last day so that you don’t come home with a mountain of washing – in warm countries it dries so quickly, it’s a no brainer! All properties have access to private or communal swimming pools. Free Wi-Fi is available in all properties and throughout the Resort.
A range of accommodation options are available:
1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments that accommodate 2,4 and 6 people respectively. Apartment guests have access to a communal pool in their village.
PREMIUM SERVICED APARTMENTS:
2 and 3 bedroom premium serviced apartments accommodating 4 and 6 people respectively. They include daily tidy up, daily breakfast at the Golf Club House, an Aphrodite food parcel, branded bathroom amenities and international TV channels. They also have access to a communal swimming pool.
2 and 3 bedroom Villas accommodating 4 and 6 people respectively. They are available both with and without private pools. Junior Villa’s without pools will have access to a communal swimming pool. These villas are situated 10 min walk from the Village Square but those with small children may consider hiring a car, especially in the warmer months.
2, 3,4 and 5 bedroom villas accommodating 4,6,8 and 10 people respectively. These villas are all detached and offer a private pool and large garden. The majority of the Superior Villas are located on the Eastern Plateau so you would need a car to get to the Village Square. If you stay longer than 5 nights you will receive a Superior Food Parcel upon arrival (as opposed to a smaller food parcel if your stay is shorter).
These are a hand-picked selection of Superior and Junior villas all with added features like hot tubs, sauna’s etc and in the best location. You will also receive private transfers to and from the airport and a luxury food parcel when booking and Elite Villa. You will receive a daily clean of the property, free unlimited use of the kids club (3-12 years) as well as access to the gym and branded bathroom amenities
THE MYTHOS VILLAGE COLLECTION:
These Villas are the crem de la crem of 5 star villas. They all have private swimming pools with amazing views over the Mediterranean. You will receive daily breakfast delivery including freshly baked pastries, bread, fresh milk and orange juice, water, yoghurts and seasonal fruits – don’t forget the newspaper ! You will also get a private transfer to and from the airport, a luxury food parcel, a daily clean, unlimited use of the kids club as well as access to the gym and branded bathroom amenities
There are many other services available (at a charge), these include a chef in your villa, babysitting, spa treatments, private tennis and golf lessons, heating of your private swimming pool (needs to be arranged in advance). They can also arrange flowers and cake deliveries for special occasions.
If you are arriving early or leaving late the Holiday Residences Lounge and Facilities are great, especially when travelling with kids. They offer luggage storage, changing facilities, a lounge and terrace area with refreshments and a soft play area for the kids.
You will also receive a benefits card upon arrival. Guests staying in the apartments, premium serviced apartments, junior or superior villas will receive 10 % discount at village square outlets, preferential rates at the tennis academy, soccer school, spa, golf club and riding academy. You will also receive one complimentary beach day pass per person and 5 hours kids club pass (for 7 nights or more).
If you are staying in an Elite Villa or Mythos Collection Villa you will receive all of the above plus unlimited access to gym located in the Retreat Spa.
I love how this resort is great for a family of 4 but also great for a multigenerational holiday or a group of friends – you have the option of small or large accommodation and there really is enough to keep everyone entertained. I have been trying to arrange a family celebration holiday for next year, and Aphrodite Hills is now on the top of my list – it ticks all of the boxes for us – now I just need to convince 8 adults to agree on one destination !