Travelcots / cribs are notoriously big, bulky and heavy. We have reviewed quite a few over the past few years and recently came across the RucPod, effectively a backpack that transforms into a travel crib. We got in touch with Bizzi Growin who sent us one to test out.
Created by two busy working mums, the RucPod is simple and easy to use. The RucPod has been tested to all the safety standards of a travel crib, making it both safe and stylish. To use it as a crib, simply unzip and open it up. It has breathable mesh sides which give a constant air flow and it comes with a soft mattress. When it’s not being used as a crib there is still a lot of space to use it as a changing bag, with insulated bottle pockets and adjustable shoulder straps.
New dad Stuart and baby Ada (6 weeks old) gave the RucPod a try and this i what they had to say:
The RucPod looks good and is is made of a good quality material. Being a backpack you will have both hands free and it is definitely something both mum and dad can use whilst out and about. It would be perfect when going camping and space in the car is limited, or a day out to the beach. The RucPod means that you don’t have to worry about where your baby will nap.
The RucPod costs £75 which is around the average price of a decent changing bag, but this has the added benefit of being able to change into a crib too.
• Space saving when travelling.
• Includes mosquito net.
• Crib section is assembled in less than a minute.
• Includes padded mattress for nap times and changing baby.
• No need for a bulky, heavy travel cot.
• Perfect for comfortable daytime naps.
• Suitable for use up until baby can sit up unaided and/or roll over.
• Can be used as an everyday changing bag with insulated bottle pockets
• Folded size: W35cm x H42cm x D12cm.
• Unfolded size: W42cm x H30cm x D75cm.
To get your hands on a RucPod or a Pod Bag click here.