We asked the team at Lyon Court on the Isle Of Wight, to give us an insight to what guests could expect in a day when holidaying with them, and of course, they did not disappoint…
”Lyon Court on the beautiful Isle of Wight was originally built as a Victorian Gentleman’s residence in 1897 but has been converted into 4 splendid family-friendly self-catering apartments with fantastic facilities on site to keep the whole family entertained:
- A newly refurbished outdoor swimming pool (heated to 28°c from Late May to the end of September)
- A new gated playground with artificial grass and shock underlay to prevent little ones hurting themselves badly if they fall from the “jungle gym”
- A playhouse full of toys for the smaller children
- **NEW FOR 2022** A games room for the older kids (and the fun parents) with retro arcade machines and babyfoot (table football)
- Large landscaped gardens to enjoy & maybe spot a red squirrel or two!
- Terraces for al-fresco dining, perhaps cooking on our gas fired barbeques
- Enjoy a gathering around the fire pit on a long Summer’s evening, toasting marshmallows
Our self-catering apartments are equipped to be a home-from-home and so have everything guests need to start their day with a good breakfast or if you don’t fancy cooking, take a short walk into Shanklin village and visit one of the many recommended eateries there. If you are feeling fit, you could walk a little further on to Shanklin seafront with more family friendly eateries to set you up for a morning on the beach, having fun in the sea on paddleboards/kayaks/pedaloes on the pirate and/or dinosaur crazy golf. There are also kid’s adventure activities so plenty to keep them busy here!
Return to your apartment for a spot of lunch or, perhaps continue to sample the tasty dishes offered in Town or on the Beach. If you still have room then the selection of ice cream flavours at Toppings will have you spoilt for choice, ice cream at the seaside is compulsory!
Setting off for the afternoon, perhaps have a visit to one of several animal attractions, The Wildheart Trust, Monkey Haven or Amazon World are all within a 20 minute drive, with lots to entertain the whole family.
Or maybe take a culture trip to Osborne House, holiday home of Queen Victoria? As well as the house itself, there are beautifully manicured gardens and her Majesty’s private beach to explore.
These are just a few ideas, there is so much to do on the Island and with everything being just a short distance away, every day can be a fun packed adventure. We put together a list of suggestions for activities, places of interest, restaurants etc tailored on the age range of our guests.
Return to your apartment and have a swim before deciding on dinner, perhaps light the BBQ and eat al fresco? Then once the little ones are tucked up, relax on the peaceful terrace, enjoying the long, warm Summer evenings with a glass of wine whilst the older ones enjoy challenging each other in the games room.”
Another fab taster on how what a family holiday could be like, staying at one of the wonderful properties Holiday Tots are working with, Lyon Court.