An-ti Feurme Gites is a hidden gem in the beautiful Brittany countryside and are close to lots of family-friendly attractions. There are three holiday cottages (gites) in total; A five-bedroom gite, Le Pressoir, which sleeps ten and has its own private plunge pool and two, three-bedroom gites, La Grange & Gillies, sleeping seven. All three can be rented together giving accommodation for a total of 24 guests, so ideal for a large group or family celebration.
Located in seven acres of gardens there is plenty of space to explore for busy little ones. There are animals to feed (sheep & chickens) and lots of play equipment – including a Wendy house, swings & table tennis.
In the gardens you will find the lovely kidney shaped swimming pool, which is great for toddlers as it has an integral seating ledge. Around the pool are loungers with a gazebo to provide shade. If you are staying in Le Pressoir you have the choice of two pools, your private plunge pool or the larger shared pool.
The cottages are well equipped for families with the usual essentials such as cots, highchairs & stair gates and the owners are also happy to do a pre arrival shop for you – send them a list & they will do the rest!
Owners, Debbie & Steve, live on site, so are always available should you need any advice or recommendations. They are also able to help arrange babysitting, cakes, decorations and an entertainer or chef should you be on a family holiday to celebrate a special occasion.
The gites are set around a pretty courtyard with a large hanger, which can be used as a covered eating area. Perfect to socialise with other guests or for a large family get together.
There are great places to walk & cycle close by and there is a chemin rural right next door to the property if you fancy an afternoon stroll. The closest village is Guenin just 3km away with a bar & bakers for essential French bread and the closest town is Baud (7km away) when you need family food supplies. Should you tire of relaxing within the grounds there is plenty to do in Southern Brittany.
See below 5 ideas for fun family trips out;
- Beautiful Beaches – Southern Brittany has loads of amazing family friendly beaches. There are beaches for every mood, whether you’re looking for a secluded beach to yourselves or a beach with lots of facilities & entertainment to hand we are sure you will find one or two to suit.
- Carnac Plage (40 minutes) is home to five sheltered family friendly sandy beaches. The 2km Grand Plage is popular with families as there are children’s clubs in the summer months and the town has a good choice of cafes, restaurants & shops. There are also four other beaches to choose from if you’d like something a little quieter.
- Quiberon (35 minutes) – there are two beaches at Saint-Pierre-Quiberon, one facing the Atlantic which is popular with water sport enthusiast and the other facing the calm, warm water of Quiberon Bay making it perfect for families. Toddlers will love paddling in the shallow water.
2. Poufletan – is just 20 minutes away and is a 16th century reconstructed village with re-enactments by villagers dressed in traditional costumes. There is farm where you can watch the cows being milked by hand and also watch the villagers making butter & weaving using traditional methods. There are musicians & storytellers in the summer months, which are great fun for both adults & children. Top tip – take a picnic!
3. Vannes – is a well preserved, walled & pretty medieval town. Families can stroll around the streets and enjoy a harbourside lunch or ice cream however children will really love the aquarium & butterfly park.
The aquarium is home to many tropical fish and children will enjoy looking at all the displays. There is also a mini golf course here.
The Jardin aux Papillon (Butterfly garden) is home to many types of colourful butterflies. Children will be amazed as they walk through the gardens surrounded by 100’s of tropical butterflies, flowers & plants.
Book 2 weeks in 2020 & save £100 – use code 2W100 when booking.
Low occupancy discounts for couples from the 1st September (during low/medium season), so if you fancy a little French break in Brittany with baby contact the owners for a quote.
An-ti Feurme Gites
Five bed gite with private plunge pool – Le Pressoir
Two, three bed gites with shared pool – La Grange & Gilles