Have you ever visited Normandy? Stayed in a Gite complex?
La Mare Chappey is a fun Gite complex, with just five child friendly gites and hotel-like facilities to make you family holiday a little more relaxing and fun for the children.
There is a stunning Courtyard Bistro, in a style of a typical French village auberge and bar. The Bistro offers everything from ice cold beer from the well stocked bar, to tasty snacks or home-made three or four course meals in elegant and relaxing surroundings. Guests can take a seat on the terraced area and enjoy the beautiful Normandy countryside.
The Bistro also offers a unique in cottage dining service, which is the same menu offered in the Bistro, that can be delivered course at a time. This is very popular with the young families after the little ones have settled.
Once a week La Mare Chappey host a BBQ evening for all guests which is a great opportunity to make new friends on holiday.
But it is not all about the Bistro and food, the children will LOVE the 5 acres to roam, having some fun in the enclosed swimming pool which also has a beach inlet making it perfect for toddlers. Indoor play barn, for a break from the sun or rain, older children can make new friends over a game of table tennis, then there is an adventure park so little ones can let off some steam. There is also LOTs of baby and toddler toys and even a bouncy castle.
If guests can tear themselves away from this fabulous complex then exploring Normandy is a must!
Few minutes in the car to reach the medieval town of Bricquebec, with its cobbled streets, historic chateau, supermarket, shops, bars and restaurants.
- BEACH DAY: The nearest beach is Portbail, which is a 15 minute drive, ideal for walks and swimming. Carteret is another beach 20 minutes drive with soft white sand, rock pools and restaurants, a variety of restaurants to suit all taste and budget as well as boutique shops to have a mooch.
- Visit the enchanted village, walk through woods and rivers, farm animals, garden, theatre and miniature rail, sounds like a fabulous day out right?
- Get lost in a maze… explore a maze which is full of surprises and replanted every year with games, animals and activities.
- A rainy day… head to Fun Box, an indoor play centre for babies and children up to 12 years with ball pool, trampoline, soft play and karting.
- Explore the local markets… all the nearest villages have markets throughout the week with fresh produce, clothes, China and fun interesting stalls.
La Mare Chappey is reachable via driving or flying…
Cherbourg is 30minutes
Caen ferry is 1hour 30minutes
Le Havre is 2 hours and 30 minutes