Earlier this year we were sent the Hifold, a high back booster that when folded is extremely compact and great for travelling. Coronavirus hit and all our plans were put on hold. We were lucky enough to fly to France last week and stay at a family villa so decided it was the perfect time to test out the Hifold. Half of our family were driving and the other half flying so we were lucky enough to be able to send out luggage over in the car. We were a little sceptical of flying and thought this would cut out a little more risk as no-one would be touching our bag. I then thought ‘oh no, what about the car seat?’ as you always have to check them in. I then remembered how compact the Hifold was and that it came in a handy backpack carry bag. I measured it up and we realised we would be able to carry it on as hand luggage and no one would have to touch it other than us.
Opening and closing it is a bit fiddly the first time but once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty simple. I love how adjustable it is and how it grows with your child. This car seat is a group 2/3 car seat and is suitable for kids from 4-12 years old, weighing up to 45kgs. The Hifold is the only booster seat that can be adjusted in 4 separate areas (seat width, body width, head width and the height. It also comes with a convenient carry stray which is great when you’re on the go.
Our journey was simple and we made it to France. Upon arrival, we had an hour and a half drive to the villa, the car seat must have been comfortable as Georgia fell asleep shortly after getting into the car.
All in all, I would highly recommend this car seat – it’s perfect for travelling (especially when taking hand luggage only), it feels safe and looks comfortable. It’s a great option for grandparents who want to have a car seat in the car for when they look after the kids. It doesn’t take up much space in the boot when folded.
- Forward facing Group 2/3 Car seat
- Suitable for children aged 4-12, weighing between 15-45 kg and up to 150 cm tall
- MultiFit™ technology – world’s most adjustable high back booster
- MultiFold™ system – world’s most portable booster
- Ultra compact when folded: 25 x 34.4 x 34.4cm
- Ultra light: 4.6 kg (10 lbs. 2 oz)
- Build in carry strap
- Storage bag included
- Easily removable and machine-washable AirFlow™ fabric
- Globally regulated and is compliant or exceeds ECE R44.04 the UK and Europe safety standard, NHTSA FMVSS 213 the US safety standard, CCC the China safety standard, and the RSSR regulations in Canada. Which means the UK version of hifold, can be used on all your travels around the world
You can get your own Hifold from John Lewis. They retail for £155.00 so are on the higher end for a hi back booster but the benefit of being so adjustable and compact makes it perfect for travelling and it should last your child/children for years.