Chateau Du Mas is the most stunning Chateau inside and out, perfect for a family holiday in France and perfect for a multigenerational holiday. Think of the parents, the grandparents, the teens and the little ones who are barely moving or the tots who are running havoc, because let’s face it, they are the ones who will have everyone on their toes. Everyone needs a holiday where they can be themselves and this is just perfect for that!
Chateau Du Mas is an 18th-century Chateau in Southwest France, nestled in the French countryside, with beautiful views of the valley. It can sleep 10 in its 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms so perfect for families and or friends who need a little space on holiday. Plus, there is more than one of everything you might need with babies and toddlers in tow, cots, highchairs, stair gates, baby bath, you name it, they have got it.
Dream of waking to sun beating through the windows head down for brekkie and all met around the swimming pool. The swimming pool is fully enclosed and heated so perfect for anyone looking for a morning dip or just chill on the loungers. The swimming pool was designed with younger kids in mind, with its secure terrace.
The kitchen has all you need for a family gathering at mealtimes; however families can also take full advantage of the catering options and enjoy being looked after. This includes several sample menus, check out the catering options below…
Option 1 – Food is prepared and left in the Chateau for the guest’s arrival. This can be precooked and reheated by guests when needed. BBQ-style food, salads marinated meats and so on.
Option 2 – Food is prepared and delivered hot and ready for guests to serve as they wish.
Option 3 – Fully catered and served to tables with full clear down afterwards.
Sounds dreamy right? With each of the options above, the lovely owners talk directly to the guests in order to agree exactly what is required, understand any dietary preferences and make a plan from there!
Set in 15 acres of private manicured park and woodland, fab to explore! Lots of outdoor fun for everyone, swings, slides, a tree house, garden chess, garden Jenga, badminton and a large secure trampoline. Inside the Chateau is also a kid’s playroom with toys, books, and games for all ages, as well as a Wii console.
Fancy exploring? There are a number of walking and cyclist routes from the Chateau, including a 10 minute walk from the local village of Dignac, a small supermarket, boulangère, butcher, pharmacy, cash point, hairdresser and bar tabac can be found. Then within a 10 minutes’ drive are a number of fab restaurants offering casual to fine dining.
Owners Nick and Takayla, have given us a little insight on the area and what there is to do for families when staying at the Chateau… here is their recommendations on the area…
Plenty to do for a family day out
The beautiful, ramparted city of Angouleme is just a 30 minute drive away and is a wonderful place to wander and explore. The city centre has a myriad of shops from some familiar high street names to dozens of traditional French boutiques. You can sit for a while at one of the many pavement cafés or be spoilt for choice with the variety of restaurants. The city itself is the world capital for Bande Dessinée or comic strip to you and I and here you will find many of the buildings decorated with some beautiful art work and a fascinating museum dedicated to the art. All this alongside the city itself with its stunning architecture, traditional markets and beautiful gardens.
Brantome is a beautiful village located 40 minutes easy drive from the Chateau. Known as the Venice of the Perigueux, Brantome is surrounded by a canal and river. boat trips and kayak hire are a good way to pass a day out. Lots of restaurants from cafes to fine dining are available aplenty. A large and very pretty park with kids’ play zone offers a great backdrop for a picnic. Brantome has something for every age and taste. Beautiful architecture, restaurants and setting.
- La Grand Jeu is our local outdoor Activity Park for all ages. Based on a 25 hectare farm which has been converted into a Play, Nature & Art park. It has a variety of outdoor games, such as Mini Golf, Foot Golf, French Boules, Giant Jenga, Labyrinth etc. For younger children, there are appropriate areas including a sand ballpark etc. You can make it a day trip & take your own picnic.
- Accrobranche in Soyaux only 15 minutes drive away is a fantastic place for all ages from 3yrs up to have fun together, climb the trees with ropes and harnesses, completing differing levels of difficulty. For the very small there is a traditional playground with swings and slides next to this or if this is too energetic for you just sit in the shade of the trees with a coffee whilst the children burn off some energy.
- If energy burning is what your small people need then Toboggan et Cie on Angouleme’s mountain shopping zone is just the place for the odd inclement day. An indoor adventure playground with all the usual ball pools, ropes and soft play. Another option is Happyland which is a little closer.
- For those of you for whom a bit of beach and a bucket and spade is a necessity on holiday then the 23Ha Freshwater lake at the Plan d’Eau just outside Angouleme is a fabulous place for a grand day out, it has several beaches and a large range of water sports on offer.
- Just next to this is Angouleme’s water park Nautilis where you will find indoor and outdoor pools, flumes, rapids, wave pool and gentle areas for children to play. (Be aware children under 6 are not allowed on most rides and ALL Males must wear Speedo trunks, these can be purchased at the Nautilis).
- For the golf addicts in your party then the Château Du Mas has several options with an 18 Hole Golf Club de L’Hirondelle – 30 minutes drive away – or just 10 minutes away is a Pitch and Putt 9 hole course.
Doesn’t it just all sound delightful?! So, if you and your family are planning to holiday in France with other families or want to bring the grandparents too then maybe this is the Chateau for you?!
If you plan to visit June, the beginning of July and September, then you could enjoy 20% off!