Are you a large group, family and/or friends looking at holidaying in France around the beautiful region of Dordogne? Or maybe just trying to find a villa large enough to fit you all in with surrounding fun for everyone?
Here are two multi-generational and baby/toddler friendly holiday villas to consider, both of which are baby and toddler-friendly and perfect for a group family holiday. Think beautiful views, Chateaux, Michelin star restaurant, enclosed swimming pools and more…
La Grange Sud – 6 bedrooms, sleeping 14
This family-friendly villa consists of two accommodation areas, The Farmhouse and The Barn, linked by an oak door from both sitting rooms.
Views across the golf course, private enclosed heated swimming pool, terraces for al fresco dining and socialising, bikes to borrow and large garden.
Acabanes – 6 bedrooms, sleeping 16
This large villa can accommodate up to 10 adults and 6 children, it is comfortable and practical for little ones.
Enclosed garden and heated swimming pool, a number of toys, games and play areas.
Guests can borrow a variety of baby and toddler equipment for both cottages. The owners offer a comprehensive holiday service, babysitting, grocery shopping, catering, beauty treatments and restaurant reservations. Both villas are within walking distance to Chateau Vigiers, one of the best golf resorts in the South West of France, plus a 1* Michelin restaurant, relaxing brassiere and spa.
We asked owner Tracey, what she thought was her top recommendations for family holiday when staying at either villas… Here is what Tracey said, relevant for both villas, as they are only 6 miles apart…
- Chateau Du Bridoire – only 10 miles, a 15 min drive from Acabanes and 20 mins from La Grange Sud. Equally fun as a full day out or a half day. Wonderful chateau for activities for families for all ages of children. Our grand-daughter is only 2.5 yrs and had a super time there a few weeks ago
- Parc du Griffon – 25 min from Acabanes and 30 mins from La Grange Sud. This is a wonderful family day out for kids of all ages. A very small privately owned goat farm that the owners have made into a park with animals, play areas, trampolines and bouncy castles; camel, donkeys, goats, highland cattles, pigs. Kids absolutely love it here and they also provide snacks and drinks with lots of shady picnic areas
- The Naked Vignernon – what could be better than a half day family wine tasting!! Just a 5 minute drive from both villas to enjoy an experience on Dave and Amanda’s organic vineyard. They are quite a famous couple as they have been on TV several times for starting a New life in the Sun. Our guests absolutely love it there as it is a very laid back farm with chickens and the elderly family horse for the little ones to have fun with. There is also a huge barn for them to run around in if it’s hot or rainy. Amanda offers a range of dining options for all the family to enjoy with a tour of the farm and wine tasting. A real hit with our families.
- Exploring the network of single track lanes which surround both villas on bikes or by foot. Both villas have a range of bikes with infant seats and tag along trailers for toddlers, plus helmets in 3 sizes. Nothing nicer than packing up a picnic in one of the picnic ruck sacks, heading out for an adventure, choosing a lunch spot and enjoying the beautiful views. The lanes have very little traffic.
- Visiting beautiful Medieval Bergerac – 20 min drive from both villas. Guests love the exploring the tiny medieval streets, choosing where to have lunch from the many restaurants and cafes, plus taking a boat ride on the Dordogne.
So there you have a little inside knowledge the owner herself… Let’s take a look at what previous guests have said about the villas…
‘Great for kids we had 9 in total, very well equipped! Tracey is an excellent owner, super helpful and quick to respond’
‘A lovely house in a great location. We were able to visit various chateaux, canoe along the Dordogne and go wine tasting in addition to many hours by the pool’
‘Surpassed our expectations, family of 13 and 3 dogs thoroughly enjoyed our time. Beautiful views and central location, very well equipped and comfortable’
‘Expectational villa, what truly makes it special is the service offered by the owner. Provides wealth of information on restaurants, vineyards and a whole host of other activities’
‘Absolutely stunning property, we felt so lucky to have stayed there. We had the most wonderful time and would stay again’
Guests have the option to fly or drive, whatever suits individual families. The nearest airports are Bergerac, a 20 minute drive and Bordeaux, a 90 minute drive. Caen and St Malo are the nearest ferry ports being a 6 hour drive.